Friday, January 25, 2013

The Adventures of Tintin Movie Review

Soooooooooo... I'm bored and I have a computer in my lap. So I'mma review this Tintin movie I saw on Netflix a week ago.



This was something I very much wanted to see when it first came out in theaters. You wouldn't normally expect to see names like Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson and John Williams in the credits of an animated movie, but that's exactly the case with The Adventures of Tintin. Let's jump right in, shall we?

Animation: A

This is one of the easiest grades I've given since I started this blog. This is a largely visual-based action adventure flick, and as such, the animation is spectacular. The character design is great, the landscapes gorgeous, and every little detail of the art is absolutely perfect. Just... easy A.

Sound: A-

I had to score this high because of John Williams spectacular Academy Award nominated jazzy original score, but really the audio as a whole is a mixed bag. The voice acting in the main cast, particularly Tintin, is very well done. But some of the voices for the minor characters seem out of place.

Writing: B

This is where the film struggles. Yes there are plot holes. Yes it is a little more slapstick than it should be. But that's not the point. The point is, while not the most well written film, the movie is more about adventure. It's sort of a young Indiana Jones type thing. Tintin is a very likable character, and it's very enjoyable to watch him unravel this fun, albeit contrived mystery.

Overall: A-

If you like great european Jazz music, rip-roaring adventure, and you're willing to tolerate some minor plot holes and slapstick humor then you'll like this film. It's a good watch and it's on Netflix, so I'd definitely recommend it!

If you guys have something you want me to review, or if you want to let me know what you think then leave a comment. I'd appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment